Triode: I thought I had the manual install of non-current versions of
EDO all figgered out before, but careful analysis (OK, further casual
looking...) shows I don't after all.

So I unzip the EDO download and put all the files in the (same) correct
place, that's pretty obvious; reboot and it gets set up and jive_alsa
gets copied to its place and its permissions get set just fine.
Everything looks good, except: EDO does not show as "installed" in the
3rd party app list, nor does the option to remove it show up when EDO is
selected from there (this is where I would normally view what EDO
version is installed), like e.g. the Display Off app does.

Things appear to be working. However, I wouldn't mind hearing how I
could manually install an EDO version so that it looks (from the SBT
menus) the same as if I had installed the latest EDO version by the
regular method. If there is no (easy) way to do this, and if the simple
manual install I did is functionally identical to doing it properly,
then I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm only concerned that the
manual install doesn't *look* the same, so something important may be
improperly configured. Thanks.