SBGK wrote:
> ...Triode, I have just confirmed to myself that 0.6 sounds different to
> 0.7...
>
> ... Look at the evidence, there are multiple different people saying
> they prefer 0.6 to 0.7....

Re-read those two lines carefully. Your reassuring yourself as to your
subjective impressions is not "evidence" in any accepted sense.

That's the part that you don't seem to understand. Your perceptions are
certainly a fine basis on which to base your own equipment and software
choices, and may even be a good reason to suggest further investigation,
but they hardly suffice as a "fact" in any way. That you have some
fellow travelers with similar opinions is nice and not surprising, but
"facts" are not subject to a vote.

In this case, I'd give a shade more weight to the comments of the person
who programmed the changes than the fellow who seems to insist his
subjective opinions qualify as an inviolate reference standard.