Hi Res PCM versus DSD:  I don't care if either is better necessarily,
but I do care about who is doing the mastering work.  THAT is the key
and audiophiles overlook that aspect of digital (or vinyl) and likely
always will until Stereophile and Absolute Sound figure it out.  Steve
Hoffman/Kevin Gray have mastered 50 Blue Note albums on Hybrid SACD for
Analogue Productions and also the entire CCR catalog, which is sublime.
Additionally, Audio Fidelity has released a few SACDs in the past and
recent news indicates that they are planning more (finally).

Is there a single Hi-Res PCM download that I'd take over my excellent
redbooks in the rock genre (50s to 80s)?  I doubt it.  Redbook is pretty
killer when the mastering is right and a hi-end DAC is involved.

Now then, it does bother me that Sony has trapped DSD in the SACDs.
Ridiculous.  But that's the situation.  I understand that it isn't going
to change anytime soon so I've moved on.  There are plenty of hi-end
SACD players with a Hi Res PCM DAC section (to hook up a network
player).  Granted, they are rather costly but do we really expect to
have $1,000 front end for a $25+ grand system!?