Thanks for all the suggestions! It's a bit overwhelming. I haven't done
this for ages, and given where I am currently located, I am not going to
have a chance to audition a new DAC within my system before I buy it, so
I'm going to have to make a decision based on technical specifications,
reviews and suggestions from all of you. From a search of various forums
and reviews and some initial suggestions here, this is my first take at
a potential list. How would you vote? Any ones to be avoided at all
costs?

Schiit Bifrost                          $500
Musical Fidelity M1                     £400
Rega DAC                                        £500
Audiolab M-DAC                  £600
Wadia 121 Decoding Computer     $1300
M2 Tech Young DAC                       $1400
Lavry DA11                              $1500
Benchmark DAC2-HGC              $2000
Cyrus DAC-X+                            £1550 (only if they can do the
'upgrade' at a lower
price, mainly because it fits in from an integrated remote and aesthetic
match standpoint)