bpa wrote:
> It seems it could be an incompatibility between SBT and DAC.  The
> problems happens with both optical and coax connections ? Does the
> problem happen with a different DAC ?

Thanks for all the feedback. All good points. There is no inherent
incompatibility problem between the SBT and the DAC, because I have
happily used them together for years with files of all sample rates.
This problem has only surfaced after the slight digital crackling that I
mentioned in my original post was seen about a week or two ago. This led
me to believe something has gone bad. I just tried with the optical
instead of the coax and all I hear is digital crackling and the LCD
display on my DAC starts flickering wildly (with all sample rates 44.1,
48, 88.2 and 96, though I'm not sure if > 48kHz works with optical), so
something is definitely amiss either in the DAC or the Touch Digital
section. I don't have another DAC handy at the moment, but I will bring
my 2nd SB Touch and TacT digital amplifier in from my other home and
swap the sources around over the weekend when I have some time.