SBGK wrote:
> there is no such thing as a clean digital audio stream, there are just
> chips talking to each other and transferring chunks of data very
> quickly. I doubt that the Touch with it's alsa music player is the best
> hardware and software that will ever be built to do this task. All you
> can say is that it is acceptable for your needs, anything else is just a
> display of ignorance not unusual in these circles.

I'm sure I understand what you mean plus I'm pretty sure that you
misunderstood what I was trying to say. So let me try to clarify.

At present in the audiophile world that is a belief that some digital
audio music streaming devices are able to provide a better sounding data
stream to an external DAC. In other words, music coming out of the
external DAC when it is connected to music streamer "A" sounds better
than music coming out of the external DAC when it is connected to music
streamer "B". We are of course talking when each music streamer is
streaming the same exact file and we are only referring sound quality,
not ease of use, user interface, etc.

bhaagensen wrote:
> http://bercospopcorn.com/popcorn/billion-dollar-popcorn-193.html

Double blind testing has conclusively shown that this so called billion
dollar popcorn is completely indistinguishable to week old stale popcorn
dug out from between a sofa's cushions.