ralphpnj wrote:
> We are way, way off topic now but just to finish up the JATPS
> discussion, there is plenty ersatz swing jazz still being played today
> and most it happens right in NYC on W. 47th St.. The main reason I don't
> like this treatment of jazz is that it treats jazz as if it's a dead
> that needs to be preserved rather than as a living and thriving music.
> So I'll take living musicians playing modern music along with recordings
> of the jazz giants of old instead of watered down recreations of the
> music such as JATPS.
>
> Not to say that there isn't a place for presentations of jazz repertory,
> just not at the expense of living, creative musicians and their music.

Even more off topic if you are going to do a "cover" infuse some
originality into it ,most music are not original but usually covers
,that’s okay if you do something with it. I'm starting to think that
modern culture has no memory , they are now remaking movies less than a
decade since they original release ??

Are you very into Jazz ? maybe some hint of current musicianship in
another tread ?  (as a contrast I’m listening to something modern and
electronic just now )