ralphpnj wrote:
> But the $1500 chip HAS TO sound better as per the First Law of High End
> Audio: the more expensive it is the better it will sound.

This is the kind of straw man that gets us nowhere.  Sadly, a member
such as Ralph would likely be elated to discover the quality of sound
coming from his audio system if he upgraded the DAC.  I've learned first
hand that it only takes one weak link in the electronics upstream to
hide the huge upside of hi-end speakers.

Did someone make popcorn?  Coconut oil or bust.  Oh, and a whirley pop.
Thanks!