ralphpnj wrote:
> just try questioning the Transporter's and the Touch's ability to
> transmit a clean digital audio data stream, the equal of any and all
> other devices (streamers, transports, computers, etc.), to an external
> DAC

there is no such thing as a clean digital audio stream, there are just
chips talking to each other and transferring chunks of data very
quickly. I doubt that the Touch with it's alsa music player is the best
hardware and software that will ever be built to do this task. All you
can say is that it is acceptable for your needs, anything else is just a
display of ignorance not unusual in these circles.