jh901 wrote:
> I don't have anxiety about it.  It exists and I recognize it.  I'd
> rather not use a Squeezebox source to send data to a $5,000 DAC only to
> not get what I paid for if there is an alternative.  What if a member
> asked about buying a Squeezebox source to use with a dCS Debussy DAC?
> The Debussy runs just over $10 grand, so I'd think that a consumer in
> that market would want every ounce of sound quality.  In fairness, the
> Debussy likely has a pretty impressive S/PDIF input design.  Perhaps the
> difference between USB versus S/PDIF on the Debussy would be acceptable?

No one who spends $10,000 on a dCS Debussy is ever going to use a Touch.
If they play computer based digital audio at all then they will use
their Mac with asynchronous USB, a $500 USB and the $700 additional
software to make iTunes work because that is what the clowns at the high
end audio magazines and their dealer told them is best. And if they have
$10K to spend on a DAC then they have the money to waste on the cable
and software but that does not mean those items are required or
necessary. And please stop quoting prices because that makes little
difference to almost everyone who posts here.