Archimago wrote:
> Yes, these old recordings don't need 24/192. However, I must say that
> this particular recording - the HDTracks 2011 release seems to be a good
> remaster with DR14 and no crazy hi-frequency hash.

For anything recorded since the beginning of the stereo era (about the
mid 1950s) it's not the age of the recording but rather the quality of
the recording that matters. There are plenty of recordings from the
1950s and 1960s which sound as good as anything recorded today. For
example Miles Davis' "kind of Blue" is very well recorded and compares
favorably with most "modern" recordings.