darrenyeats wrote:

> As I understand it, you're suggesting the survey is invalid because of
> the encoding? If so, I would like more detail.
> Darren

See the discussion here and particularly Post #18.
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=98890&view=findpost&p=822862

in particular the comment:

"You tried to make it harder for people to identify MP3, and by doing so
you crippled LAME's psychoacoustic model. An RMS error measure averaged
over a test item does not tell you if two items (here true 320-MP3 vs.
your 350-tandem-coding) sound the same. You need to do that measure in
the perceptual (masking) domain and also look at instantaneous
worst-cases. And since how to exactly replicate that perceptual domain
in software is partly unknown, you shouldn't do this at all, I would
say."