darrenyeats wrote:
> As individuals yes. But as a group, if a statistically significant
> number of people chose one as better that's interesting. Or do you mean
> there's a subconscious bias to the letter B, something like that?

I can't put my hands on the research right now, but I recall seeing
papers that suggest in testing using multiple choice questions, there
are group biases exhibited in choosing certain answer options (A, B, C,
D, etc.).  He couldn't easily do this in this study, but had he been
doing this study in a context where he had some control over the subject
pools, he would have given half the subjects the test samples labled A,
B and the other half the labels would have been B,A.  Then in his tests,
he could confirm that the order of the choices (A,B) did not interact
with the variable of interest (coding method).