garym wrote:
> Thanks for that. My best laugh today.  ;-)

Ya know, as much as I enjoy testing my gear, I think it would be
fascinating to gather a group of folks like the above who claims to be
able to differentiate expensive power cables, bi/single wire
configurations, (presumably) electrically sound interconnects, etc. In
one of his other videos he even shows how the cables are on maple blocks
lifted from the carpet and has metal filings in his speaker stand
(preferred over sand).

Run the cohort through sensory testing (eg. audiological acuity tests),
psychological profiles (maybe the MMPI, SCID, WAIS tests),
neuropsychological/physiological tests of reaction speed/multitasking
ability/concentration/auditory memory ability, and blind test of claimed
auditory abilities and see what comes out.

There could be a decent thesis in psychology or social sciences in there
somewhere...

I certainly do not want to be disparaging or unreasonably cynical since
the human mind and body is complex and many secrets are yet to be
discovered. Hey, I'm even happy to help out as an 'objectivist
audiophile' comparison group if my expenses are paid and everyone gets
some Nordost cables. (My cables of course will immediately get tested
and put up on eBay to the highest bidder.)