SoftwireEngineer wrote:
> ha ha.. good observation ..Ralph .I have a reality check at home - wife.
> More over all money is in joint account !!!  Unless approved by CFO,
> cannot do much in this company :-)

Back in the days when I was busy buying most of the components for my
main stereo I had two very nice ways of getting around the spousal
approval requirement. First for several years I had a job which often
gave out year end bonuses of which I would use about half to treat
myself to some equipment upgrades. Second I had a nice part time job
writing jazz reviews for a now defunct online site (SonicNet) and I used
that money to upgrade to my Vandersteen 3A Signatures. Also I tend to
buy previously owned equipment which in the audiophile world is often
quite easy to find since audiophiles are forever chasing the next big
thing and so there's plenty of the last big thing available. By the way
before I had the two methods mentioned above I made the mistake of
bypassing the spouse when purchasing a rather costly piece equipment. I
can tell you from experience DON'T EVER DO SUCH A FOOLISH THING!!! :)