I sometimes find ralphpnj outlook to positive I whish it where *only*
money but cults and belief system propagate and thrive without money too
:/ but money sure is fuel on the flames .

Its is also true that to, lie convincingly you must believe it yourself
and I do think part of even the expensive parts of the market are
severely misguided companies .

On the other hand to be able to exist for a long time in that
marketplace you must at some point realised the truth but the money are
too sweet so your misguided hobby company turns into a fulltime scam
,like most cable companies imo .

But since audiopholery became well established there is a lot of outfits
that are 100% scams from day one and cables are as mentioned relatively
risk free they always work and are easily fixed ,warranty is breeze BOM
is <1% of retail so you throw it away and give the mark a new one .
The best thing is that you can have very rudimentary almost non existing
engineering skills and still manage to build fully functional audio
cables no wonder there is so many cable brands ;)