darrenyeats wrote:
> In the case of the DAC1 it could be DSP headroom if you are not doing
> digital volume at the transport and you are listening to loudly mastered
> stuff (see separate thread). The DAC2 has fixed this issue. Definitely a
> real issue although perhaps not audible ... but my impression with HDR
> (sighted) is that it makes a difference.
> Darren

Yeah, I followed your discussions of that issue (helpful!).  I do use
digital volume at the transport, but can't recall what recordings I was
testing with. Been 3 or more years ago when I first bought the
Transporter.  And now the Benchmark is in use at my weekend place, so
can't easily test again.  I like what I read about the DAC2. If
replacing the Transporter, I might use the DAC 2 with a TOUCH.