garym wrote:
> I'm hope you're wearing your flame-proof clothing.  They'll attack you
> like you're a crazy person at Audio Asylum.  I like the Hoffman forum
> *only* for reading about different albums being released, etc. (but not
> for their knowledge--or lack thereof--regarding digital music.

No worries, man...  Teflon/flame-retardant outerwear on. After being on
forums like that one over the years, one realizes that it's important
not to get worked up over others' opinions. At the end of the day, if my
posts can stir up a bit of thought among the hard core "audiophiles" so
a few can spend more time thinking about their beliefs, it'll be worth
it.

Just looked at that AA post this AM and someone brought up NwAvGuy - I
feel honored to have his name mentioned on my thread :-), and some
"engineer" (don't remember which, but he's with some audiophile company)
dude says he'll measure the AudioQuest Diamond USB - bring it on! I'll
be impressed if I ever see some numbers/graphs! :-)

The Hoffman forums are a mixed bag. Some very reasonable folks with lots
of experience mixed with newbies and the occasional golden-eared
subjectivist. I agree, I like it for the music discussion but since they
have a hardware section...  Might as well...