JohnSwenson wrote:

> Before getting  into details I want to talk about sample rate. The
> filters in many DAC chips get simpler the higher up the sample rate is.
> For example the  chip I'm using in the  CSP player has a very simple
> filter at 176.4/192 and NO filter at 352.8/384.

So what you are saying is that if you use these kind of DACs with "real"
(that is: unfiltered) HD material like actual HD recordings you will
have all the aliasing down there in the audible band?
This means you have to actually run "real" HD material through a filter
to get a useful reproduction with this kind of DAC at all?

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
*New: Logitech UE Smart Radio* as well as iPeng Party, the free
Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com