Peiter wrote:
> The track "Let It Rain". After 2:37 minutes and the next 5 seconds, it's
> easy to hear a difference in SPL in the bass. (To hear that, your gear
> must be able to deliver enough SPL from ~ 30 Hz). WiMP delivers *less*
> SPL compared to my own FLAC version of that track.
>
> So what does that tell us?
>
> Appart from that I really like what I hear when streaming FLAC from WiMP
> :D

Less spl overall or only in the bass ? if the spl goes down it gets
apparent in the deep bass first as you stop hearing that .

Do you use replay-gain at all in your squeezebox ? (it in the player
settings in the web-UI) .

Do you run one of the later version of the server .

Check this setting in your player *"Default adjustment for remote
streams"* it is *-5* per default . Because normally streaming services
are all very loud .
Set this to 0 .

Or it could be could be another master ? that are a bit quieter .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)