But the original Q is also a bit futile as the transporter only supports
24/96 so 24/192  downsampled by the server anyway ?
To 24/96 .

So the choice is to buy 24/96 downsample 192 k files yourself or let LMS
do it for you .

Sonically the end result will be the same .

Personally i opted for not buying anything >24/96 as we are well past
the piont where it would make any difference to a human listener . So
24/96 is the limit for me .

And yes if I downsample my 24/96 files to 16/44 they sound exactly the
same .

And of course a dvda 24/96 of the same recording does in some cases
sound different than my cd version but the "24/96" has nothing to do
with it .

Buy the best master you can get of your fav recording , but this does
not corelate to the media it can be the LP , CD. Or Hirez version that
is the best . Sugest visiting some music related forum to get opinoins
on whats the best version of a recording

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)