Apesbrain wrote:
> Not to be left out, -The Absolute Sound- this month (Issue #246 -
> October 2014) features the next installment in its "New Methods for
> Quantifying Sonic Performance" series.  The article includes the
> definitive scale of bitrate vs. sound quality.  Did you know 24/192
> downsampled to 24/48 sounds 37.5% better (165 vs. 120) than CD upsampled
> to 24/48?

The Absolute Sound remains the absolute gold standard for high end audio
misinformation. I love that fact that they wrap their pseudo-science in
numbers just like actual real science. TAS really goes the extra mile to
make sure that their advertisers have plenty of clueless people waiting
to buy their products.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos