It would greatly benefit our hobby if equipment where designed with more
science and less woo .

Ity would not cost so much probaly 1/10 , most ultra high end stuff
would be obsolote , once reasonable build quality is reached the
deciding factors will be features and conectivity integration output
power software etc .

Audiphiles would not give such a crazy impression listening to cable
lifters and seruisly consider the sonic diffrences in AC wall outlets .
This would take us back to the golden days before 10000$ speaker cables
,where we talked speaker placements amp power and other sensible things
.
The hobby would once again be accesible to reasonable people :)

So suddenly the field is widened and a whole lot more people could join
. Win Win

Then we could start to talk about music and actually listen to music and
comune about our hobby .

A good example is the squeezebox as a digital transport , they are all
ok ,we have a lotjfun from its extensive features discovering our music
. and its based in its software .

I think todays high end is suicide , it getting more expensive each year
and atracts less people and is less science based for each year, it
turned itself into a cult.
Heck just reading about the brand "Audio Note" have probably scared more
people away (and their money ) than the sales that brand ever made :) An
example of nutty design in high end imo .
The mere existence of 10000$ speaker cables probably hurt the hobby more
than it gains and scares people away .

I do want the old times back when this hobby made sense . I think its
time for a reboot :)

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4