Archimago wrote:
> Hey guys, I just posted a few thoughts on this Meridian MQA "thingy". I
> do have a few concerns based on what I've read. I guess there's no way
> the mainstream audiophile press would ever say anything else but
> "everything is awesome!" when you throw a party on the 69th floor of the
> Shard in London!
>
> Ahhhh, the benefits of being an "insider", right Ralph?
>
> http://archimago.blogspot.com/2015/01/musings-miscellanies-on-audio-encoding.html

Nice blog post. I took your advice and read the "As We See It" editorial
in the February 2015 issue of Stereophile, which I agree, is a
worthwhile piece. However speaking of "the benefits of being an
'insider'" it was your warning about "Synergistic Research bull
droppings" that not only showed how silly audio reviewers can get at
times but how unaware of their actual insider status most audio
reviewers are, as evidenced by this little quote from Fremer's article:
"...I wanted to hear some of this stuff in my own space. A few months
ago, Denny and Scott Walker arrived with some products that fall under
the umbrella of Synergistic's uniform Energy Field (UEF) Technology."
With "Denny" being Synergistic's owner Ted Denney and Scott Walker being
the owner of Scott Walker Audio.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos