darrenyeats wrote:
> I don't like the idea. A new format, for what, to combine higher
> sampling rates (IME useless) with lossy encoding (IME harmful)?
> Streaming 16/44 from Tidal or Qobuz is quite good enough and efficient
> enough already.

You are quite right, however this new format/technology is less about
providing improved sound and much more about providing Meridian with a
new revenue stream via licensing. Only thing is that the clowns in the
high end audio press are NEVER going to say anything like that, they
will just still to the script and say that it's all about improved
sound.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos