Archimago wrote:
> :-)
>
> Actually I can do this already because my dad has a Touch across town
> that links to my home server. I seriously hope we don't need to do this
> kind of "extreme" testing to prove a point about digital data integrity
> and the ability for the devices to buffer enough of the data so there's
> no jitter issues!

Digital data integrity is actually quite remarkable. Back sometime in
either 2007 or 2008 I ran the following little test.

I ripped a CD I own into flac files.

I uploaded the flac files to a news server which meant having to encode
the binary data as text.

I then downloaded the flac files from the server which meant having to
decode the text back into binary data.

I then used the downloaded files to burn an audio CD.

I then played the original CD and the burned CD and there was absolutely
no audible difference.

As I said, digital data integrity is remarkable.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos