ralphpnj wrote:
> Digital data integrity is actually quite remarkable. Back sometime in
> either 2007 or 2008 I ran the following little test.
>
> I ripped a CD I own into flac files.
>
> I uploaded the flac files to a news server which meant having to encode
> the binary data as text.
>
> I then downloaded the flac files from the server which meant having to
> decode the text back into binary data.
>
> I then used the downloaded files to burn an audio CD.
>
> I then played the original CD and the burned CD and there was absolutely
> no audible difference.
>
> As I said, digital data integrity is remarkable.

Yes. It's also remarkable after all these years some people still feel
that copying the digital data can deteriorate the sound quality despite
bit-perfect reproduction!

Worse when you have supposed "professionals" like Cookie Marenco talk
like this (see 'message #12 here'
(http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f13-music-downloads-and-streaming/sound-better-uncompressed-downloaded-files-6158/)).
"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of
your CD, you might as well give up your career as a tester." Oh my...

Hey, I generally don't follow Ms. Marenco's comments so if she has
retracted this belief, I'd love to know!

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.