Archimago wrote:
> Yes. It's also remarkable after all these years some people still feel
> that copying the digital data can deteriorate the sound quality despite
> bit-perfect reproduction!
>
> Worse when you have supposed "professionals" like Cookie Marenco talk
> like this (see 'message #12 here'
> (http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f13-music-downloads-and-streaming/sound-better-uncompressed-downloaded-files-6158/)).
> "If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of
> your CD, you might as well give up your career as a tester." Oh my...
>
> Hey, I generally don't follow Ms. Marenco's comments so if she has
> retracted this belief, I'd love to know!
>
> I remarked about this 'awhile back with Allen Sides'
> (http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2014/04/musings-on-experts-experience-and.html)
> as well. Strange stuff.

Cookie Marenco's Blue Coast Records is to acoustic music as Jazz at the
Pawn Shop is to jazz. Well recorded music is NOT the same thing as good
music.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos