mikerob wrote:
> Good stuff.  It would have been interesting to do a traceroute to see
> how many routers the data was going through in its journey between
> Sweden and Canada.

If you read the New York Times I linked to above you will realize that
the data may or may not have passed through all the routers or none of
the routers on the journey between Sweden and Canada. Which of course
also means that buying the hyper expensive Ethernet cable that started
this whole thread might prove pointless as well since there can be no
guarantee that the data is even flowing through the cable.

Man I just love quantum mechanics! No wonder quantum mechanics is the
stuff from which the best snake oil is made.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos