doctor_big wrote:
> To some extent I do agree.  However the moderators of this forum created
> the "audiophiles" subform specifically so that audiophiles (whatever you
> think of them) could discuss their audiophile stuff - power cords, DACS,
> amps etc -  without having to suffer the ridicule of objectivists.
>
> But take a look - moments after some poor, unsuspecting audiophile posts
> a question or observation regarding ANYTHING other than speakers or room
> treatments, the same parade of humourless curmudgeons jumps in,
> battering down the OP with post after post of borderline-insulting,
> patronizing condescension-filled arguments. It's no wonder that this
> sub-forum is a tumbleweed-filled wasteland. Its original purpose is
> rendered mute.
>
> It's the same group - some in fact, some in spirit - from the
> rec.audio.high-end days, probably still sitting in their wood-paneled
> basements, listening to Ohm speakers and Sansui amps run through zip
> cord, because hey - ABX tests obscure any differences that could
> possibly lead to a system improvement.  Remember, if you can't measure
> it, you DEFINITELY can't hear it.
>
> They truly are men without cheer.
>
> Jason

Jason, I do like your second paragraph, excellent prose! It really has a
flow to it.

Just like to add, that I don't consider myself as an objectivist (I'm
not very clever with technical stuff) and that I do hear differences
between some equipment, but as these differences are-* in my head*-, I
don't both much with telling folk about them.

(I had to look up Ohm speakers) :D

atb

Ronnie.