doctor_big wrote:
> To some extent I do agree.  However the moderators of this forum created
> the "audiophiles" subform specifically so that audiophiles (whatever you
> think of them) could discuss their audiophile stuff - power cords, DACS,
> amps etc -  without having to suffer the ridicule of objectivists.
>
> But take a look - moments after some poor, unsuspecting audiophile posts
> a question or observation regarding ANYTHING other than speakers or room
> treatments, the same parade of humourless curmudgeons jumps in,
> battering down the OP with post after post of borderline-insulting,
> patronizing condescension-filled arguments. It's no wonder that this
> sub-forum is a tumbleweed-filled wasteland. Its original purpose is
> rendered mute.
>
> It's the same group - some in fact, some in spirit - from the
> rec.audio.high-end days, probably still sitting in their wood-paneled
> basements, listening to Ohm speakers and Sansui amps run through zip
> cord, because hey - ABX tests obscure any differences that could
> possibly lead to a system improvement.  Remember, if you can't measure
> it, you DEFINITELY can't hear it.
>
> They truly are men without cheer.
>
> Jason

I like to think of this little sub-section of the forum as a small
little island of refuse for audiophiles who no longer accept all the
pronouncements of the high end gods and seek to verify with reason and
good science the various claims made month after month in the pages of
those slick audio publications.

By the way, the internet is filled with web sites, blogs and forums
where the latest, greatest and most outlandish claims of audio nirvana
are swallowed whole and spit back with added layers of awe and wonder.

So just think of this little forum sub-section as a place where people
of love music and audio equipment can get together without all the magic
and voodoo that makes being an audiophile such a joke. Plus I would also
check the profiles of some of the active members of this sub-section,
there's not an Ohm speaker or Sansui amp to be found but rather lots of
well designed and proven good sounding equipment.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos