jkeny wrote:
> It really does strike me that this audiophile section has become a
> magnet for a core of audiophile bashers (Arnyk, Julf, mnyb, ralphpnj)
> that delight in putting down each & every post. Would it be possible
> that they could FO to another area where they would try to help the
> community of SB users, perhaps, instead of continually trying to
> humiliate said users?

Those members are presumably grown men in their 40s or 50s.  I struggle
with that.  My theory is that it is human nature, perhaps, to want to
avoid a realization that would somehow invalidate past experiences.  I
mean, LET IT GO!!!  There is so much to learn and discover.  Where is
our curiosity!?

Audiophiles are passionate hobbyists.  There is no finality or else it
wouldn't be a hobby.  Today is such an unbelievable golden era for those
of us who use a digital front end.  A proper hi-end turntable rig is
still king when it comes to bottom line sound quality.  Digital is
finally, after all this time, getting to a point where even the most
hardcore vinyl audiophiles are taking note.  It is delusion to believe
that any of us have the very best sound quality possible in our home
systems right this moment.  There is ALWAYS a tweak if not a major
upgrade which could not have been imagined.

Cary Audio 306 SACD Pro | Cary Audio SLP-05 | Cary Audio SA-200.2 |
Focal Diablo Utopia III
__Acoustic treatment: DIY Cylinder Bass traps | "Rule of Thirds" for
speaker & sweet spot position
__Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval | Shunyata Venom series
power cords and power conditioning