jh901 wrote:
> I'm certainly not of the view that known science must be violated in
> order for it to be true that there are audible differences between
> speakers connected to a power amp with 12g OFC zip cord versus specialty
> cable.
The way you make this statement it sounds as if you think you have have
a choice over whether you consider the known laws of nature to be
violated if there is an audible difference. You have no such choice. The
laws of nature apply to everyone, regardless of their willingness to
submit to them.

That said, you are in luck. The known laws of nature do indeed allow for
there to be an audible difference between different speaker cables. Bear
in mind, however, that the known science that explains this audible
difference isn't part of physics. It's part of psychology.

jh901 wrote:
> I don't know how skin effect comes into play, for example.
It doesn't at audio frequencies.

jh901 wrote:
> I'm not one to ascribe to magic or blind faith, but I recognize that I'm
> human.  I'm also an audiophile, but that doesn't mean that I'm among
> those who are desperate to believe just about anything in order to
> perceive an upgrade in sound quality.
Since you have admitted that you are human, you're half way to
understanding why different speaker cables sound different to you. To
complete the journey, all you need to do is expand your search for an
explanation beyond the boundaries of audio engineering and consider the
known science that deals with how human perception is influenced by all
manner of extraneous factors.

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A