Interesting this discussion about Inguz after all these years and the
link between this and the other discussion regarding the future of
digital audio and DRC...

-How I wish there was a way to integrate the DSP engine (eg. Inguz) into
LMS itself.- A way to have access to EQ (maybe just a simple list format
to enter some parametric data or likewise simple graphic EQ
adjustments), room correction, channel balance, upsampling, right into
the Player > Audio settings. No need for Silverlight for adjustments.
Compatibility with all architectures (of course more powerful CPU needed
for complex processing).

Due to the issues such as the ones in this thread, I've been doing
things the "long way". Whitebear Server to link LMS library to JRiver
via DLNA/UPnP. Then using the JRiver 20 DSP engine to process the DLNA
stream with room correction filters and sending out to my Transporter.

It works, is reasonably stable. But has all the deficits of DLNA/UPnP
and is inefficient.

I would imagine this as the next evolutionary step for LMS for the
technical / audiophile crowd. Has anyone done work on this? I see that
the source code for Inguz is available on github as Visual C# files so
the algos are already out there for someone who knows what they're doing
:rolleyes:.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.