jh901 wrote:
> Did you test the UpTone Audio USB Regen Amber?  'Swenson link'
> (http://uptoneaudio.com/pages/j-swenson-tech-corner) <---

Thanks for the note JH. No, I have not tested the UpTone but I have
demonstrated a way to reduce the packet noise in my system 'using the
Corning Optical USB Cable'
(http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2015/05/measurements-corning-usb-3-optical.html).
And then later evaluating 'various USB hubs'
(http://archimago.blogspot.ca/2015/05/measurements-usb-hubs-and-8khz-phy.html)
showing some differences.

Like I said previously, I can read what Swenson says and -I guess he's
admitting that he cannot remove all the 8kHz noise-. But as consumers we
have no way of knowing how much this UpTone Regen thing suppresses the
noise! He uses lots of words to explain the technical stuff but no data
to demonstrate -efficacy-! This is an example of the silliness in
audiophilia. Is it any better than a standard USB hub? If so how much
better?

Unless there's a more concrete explanation of this (remember, we're
looking at an essentially constant 8kHz noise that can be measured and
shown to be reduced if Regen works), I'm happy to borrow a unit to test.
But I'm just not going to spend money shipping it to Canada if there's
no evidence at this point that it does anything better than what I've
accomplished for cheaper.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.