Archimago wrote:
> Yeah... OK. Please educate us and show us what it's about.As I said I already
> corrected both you & Arny, a number of times, 'here'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103684-uptone-audio-regen&p=819127&viewfull=1#post819127)
& 'here'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103684-uptone-audio-regen&p=819129&viewfull=1#post819129)
"Similarly, Archimago might care to answer why he wants to borrow a
Regen, to measure it's reduction of the 8KHz spike when this is not the
target of the device?
A typical red-herring measurement, as per usual."

> Certainly in my testing, that damn 8kHz is the most disturbing with the
> USB setup. As per the link from jh901 direct from John Swenson:
> "This noise shows up on both power and ground planes. Since the rate of
> packets is 8KHz there are strong components of this noise in the audio
> band."I would like to see the context of that - he's not talking about the
Regen - here's what he plainly says about the Regen which I already
quoted to you/Arny in the links I gave above "-"This packet noise
consists of two parts: noise from the USB protocol engine and from the
USB PHY. The protocol engine noise does not depend on the input signal
quality, just the data, so its impact is always going to be the same no
matter what is done with the input. -*The PHY is the part that actually
connects to the electrical signals on the bus, ITS contribution to
packet noise IS dependent on the quality of the input signal.
_This_is_the_part_the_REGEN_targets.\"_*

> Show me evidence that the Regen reduces this "strong" noise component
> and I'll happily take notice. (And if it can't deal with this "strong"
> noise in the audio band, then what substantial benefit does it bring?)So you
> are going to persist in measuring for a noise which isn't being
attenuated by the Regen, simply because you don't understand what the
Regen is purported to address? Surely measurements are meant to uncover
the efficacy of a device in it's purported operation? If you can't think
of a way to do this measurement, that is no reason to do some other
irrelevant measurement & pretend that it measures the efficacy of the
device.