jkeny wrote:
> The question has no meaning & would addressing it change the fact that
> home administered blind tests are worthless - something you agree with,
> btw?

jkeny I don't know why you lie about my position in this matter over and
over again no matter how often I correct you.

jkeny, how  many different forums do I need to correct the same false
claims from you before it has any effects on your behavior?

*-A HOME ADMINISTERED LISTENING TEST CAN BE INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM ONE
DONE BY ACADEMICS OR AUDIO PROFESSIONALS.-*

The same people, the same procedures, and the same equipment can be
used.  The distinction you are trying to make is false and irrelevant.

-EVERY LISTENING TEST NEEDS TO BE JUDGED BASED ON ITS OWN MERITS.-

It appears that you are attempting to commit the well known debating
trade error known as Argument From Authority - the false idea that the
credentials of a person making a statement guarantees its validity or
lack of validity.  This fallacy is discussed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

For example, I recently had one of my reviews of a professionally
administered listening test published on the Convention Papers Forum  of
a leading professional journal:

https://secure.aes.org/forum/pubs/conventions/?ID=416#commentbox

The general consensus of both my comments  and that of several other AES
members with published comments and others was that there were a lot of
problems with the paper and its tests. This was BTW said to be a
carefully reviewed paper with high praise from some, but it also had a
number of fatal problems.