jkeny wrote:
> Right but I'm saying that if, at the end of the day, all we have is
> consistently positive sighted listening, flawed blind test nulls & no
> difference in measurements - I would be dissappointed to hear people
> maintain that two out of three results show no difference therefore
> there is no audible difference, irrespective of the consistent sighted
> impressions

Yes, I am sure you would be disappointed, but positive results in a
sighted test only tell you that there *might* be differences, not that
there actually are. I am sure you are familiar with the large number of
cases where people have heard differences in sighted listening, only to
find out that the switch box didn't actually switch anything.

If there are audible differences identifies in the sighted listening,
and the listeners can identify what they are and focus on them, they
should be able to hear the differences in a double-blind situation too.
Not only that, but the differences should be measurable too.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953