jkeny wrote:
> Ah, if only life were that black & white - the Regen does what you say
> but it isn't the perfect solution - the upstream USB signal still has an
> influence on the final audio outcome. Consider the Regen like a filter
> that has 90% effectiveness -what is fed into the filter still has
> importance
>
> Although Greg has a point, which USB port to use is probably not that
> important. What is more important is the USB cable used. I will try to
> send a 1M USB cable that connects the Regen to the computer.
>
> What I suggest is that Archi & friends don't close their mind to trying
> different USB cables & maybe different USB ports.

Sure JK, will use the cable... Actually if you think a 2m cable is still
adequate, that might be better to provide a bit more leeway in placement
and ease of switching the Regen in and out if you have one that you
think works well.

Also, although this is a private arrangement, I appreciate that you are
a manufacturer and there may be courtesy issues. I'll leave it to you if
you feel there is a need to contact UpTone about this since it is their
product after all and they were supposed to come out with their own
objective measurements as well I thought.

Thanks.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.