doctor_big wrote:
> Hey Ralphy-baby, sez down there in your sig line that you use a Simaudio
> pre-power combo.  That's mighty high-rent gear you've got there!  Could
> you fill us in on how come you're using something so expensive and
> audiophile-like when good old ABX testing would likely PROVE that a
> ghetto Yamaha receiver would sound just as good?
>
> C'mon, man - think!  You could sell that snake-oil audiophile nonsense
> and use the money for surveillance gear so you could stake out John
> Atkinson's place.  He's fooling audiophiles -as we speak-, and YOU could
> be the one to get the  low-down for CNN.  Your Pulitzer awaits!
>
> Jason

Fair question, which I've answered before: the Sim Audio equipment was
purchased used over 10 years ago when I was in my audiophile phase. The
Sim Audio equipment is well engineered and built and has the full
support of the manufacturer. Since I already own the equipment and it
sounds quite good I see no good reason to sell it OR upgrade it. Besides
the current upward price spiral of "audiophile" equipment means what I
paid for the Sim Audio equipment ten years ago would today barely pay of
the shipping carton :)

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos