doctor_big wrote:
> Ok then.  Serious question - do you think you could tell the difference
> in a blind ABX test between the Simaudio gear and - oh I don't know - a
> Yamaha receiver?  Given that the receiver has enough power to drive your
> speakers, and given that the receiver is adequate to drive the load?
>
> Jason

Another fair question. My feelings on the analog side of things, and
power amps do fall on the analog side of things, are much less
"dogmatic' than they are on the digital side of things and so, as you
said, there are many factors which need to be accounted for when running
an ABX test on amplier/speaker combinations. But I would venture a guess
that the ABX test you outlined above would yield null results, i.e. I
would not be able to hear any difference.

Why do you ask? Do you have a Yamaha receiver and some cash to trade for
my Sim Audio gear? Just be aware that the remote for the Sim Audio
preamp is very substantial and can be classified as a deadly weapon in
several US states.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos