Archimago wrote:
> Sadly Ralph, I think DLNA is all we're gonna get in the forseeable
> future.
>
> Anyone know if there's actual development on anything else that could
> supplant this "universal" standard at some point?

My guess would be Apple TV. That said it is rather sad that the whole
LMS ecosystem is being basically ignored by high end manufacturers. On
the plus side I did read in the latest Stereophile that the Antipodes DX
Reference music server
(http://www.antipodesaudio.com/antipodes_music_servers.html) uses a
Linux/VortexBox/LMS software combination. However from what I could
gather from the review the Antipodes appears to be a very overpriced
single purpose computer with the ability to rip CDs and stream a few
internet music services. LMS is used to manage the music library that is
stored on the internal hard drives and to access the streaming music
services. Oh but it does use the "sanctioned" USB output so I guess that
makes it high end. One thing it is not is a music streamer.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos