marcoc1712 wrote:
> Jitter means nothing to you? Rurmor coming by interferences?...The final
> stage of a dac Is nothing different from any analog device in that
> matter.

Most modern DAC designs have an ASRC or at least fifo buffer at their
input that isolates the rest of the DAC from timing variations in the
input, so jitter is less of an issue than it was 20 years ago. I assume
your "rurmor" is hum and noise, and if that was an issue, we would see
lots of reports of optical connections sounding much better than
electrical ones. Do we? And yes, the final stage of a DAC is analog, but
pretty well isolated (in any modern DAC design) from the input.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953