Julf wrote:
> Good point. With the younger generation, I worry about the "it's a black
> box full of magic" crowd - all the people who totally rely on
> technology, but have given up on trying to understand how it works, even
> on a basic level.

Yeah, that too is a worry...

For my part, I try to get my kids involved every time I open up a device
so it's not all literally that "magic" black box. Details might be too
difficult to understand, but one can at least explain the building
blocks and general principles; no magic inside there. If they at least
can grasp that basic tenet and move on to be empowered to explore if
ever faced with mysticism, at least it's a start...

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.