Julf wrote:
> We said that in the 80's too :)
>
> There will always be people who want to believe - be it homeopatic
> "medicine", tha dangers of vaccines, creationism, alien encounters - or
> "high end audio".  Yes, a large group of reasonable people will accept
> scientific consensus in the end, but a hard core won't - and there will
> always be people trying to make money by feeding those beliefs - just
> look at any bookstore (if you can find one these days).

Sure... You could be right. However, have a gander at the average age at
these audiophile shows. I do have hope that as the Baby Boomers fade out
and the Gen-X'ers take over the hobby, we'll bring with it a new kind of
sensibility - born of geeks raised on sites like AnandTech and Tom's
Hardware :-).

We shall see...

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.