ralphpnj wrote:
> First are you familiar with Muso?I am, I have a perpetual license somewhere
> in an email as I was one of
the original testers.  I haven't used it in some time though as I'm
principally a Linux user.

Roon basically embodies just about everything I could want from a music
server, it's metadata rich, it can use its own metadata or yours or
both, leverages the metadata to enable exploration of your music, it's
fast, enables filtering of browsing/playback by multiple criteria, has
artist biographies, album reviews, lyrics etc. and streams bit-perfect
audio.

I saw your comment re wishing Roon had a plugin for LMS.  Truth is it
doesn't need it, just download and install it and point it to your
library as a Watched Folder (don't use Organised folder unless you want
it to move your files).  Terminate LMS and enable Squeezebox support in
Roon and your SBx players will appear within Roon.  14 day free trial,
nothing to lose.

SqueezeWand | 'Vivere DAC MKI'
(http://vivereaudio.com/post/2013/08/16/DAC-I-is-Born!.aspx) | 'ATC
SCA2'
(http://www.atcloudspeakers.co.uk/hi-fi/electronics/source-pre-amplifiers/sca2/)
| 'ATC SCM100ASLT'
(http://www.atcloudspeakers.co.uk/hi-fi/loudspeakers/tower-series/scm100aslt/)

*'Linux finally gets a great audio tagger'
(http://www.ubuntugeek.com/linux-finally-gets-a-great-audio-tagger.html):
'puddletag' (http://puddletag.sourceforge.net/)* - now packaged in most
Linux distributions.