ralphpnj wrote:
> Thanks for the very informative post. You answered many of my questions.
> And for the record, my music library has 42k albums and 550k tracks....Bloody
> hell, and I thought I had issues :P

Given the size of your library I'd suggest you point Roon to a
subsection to get a fewel for it during the trial period.  It analyses
the audio stream in every file to be able to recognise it even if
renamed at a later point, calculate replaygain etc. for itself.  That
analysis will take some time in a library that large.  The good news is
you can still use it whilst all that's happening...it's just not as
responsive as it is once the analysis is complete.  My guess would be
that if the analysis is done on a local machine housing the music it'd
be a lot quicker than over a network (which is the case in my present
setup).

SqueezeWand | 'Vivere DAC MKI'
(http://vivereaudio.com/post/2013/08/16/DAC-I-is-Born!.aspx) | 'ATC
SCA2'
(http://www.atcloudspeakers.co.uk/hi-fi/electronics/source-pre-amplifiers/sca2/)
| 'ATC SCM100ASLT'
(http://www.atcloudspeakers.co.uk/hi-fi/loudspeakers/tower-series/scm100aslt/)

*'Linux finally gets a great audio tagger'
(http://www.ubuntugeek.com/linux-finally-gets-a-great-audio-tagger.html):
'puddletag' (http://puddletag.sourceforge.net/)* - now packaged in most
Linux distributions.