drmatt wrote:
> Just like lots of things can be proven with infinite time and patience.
> In the meantime I'd like to enjoy my life. :)

I'm not sure your previous comments agree with this.

You said:

"Even if you're kidding yourself that it sounds better but you enjoyed
the process, what does it matter? This is an entertainment system after
all not a system of record."

If it is indeed an entertainment system, since it is a primarily
designed to be a system for entertaining yourself by listening to music,
Therefore, the most entertaining thing to do with an audio system is to
use it to listen to music.

Yet, instead  you advise frustrating yourself by listening for
(generally non existent) differences among passive components, and the
like.

Once I learned from DBTs that so many different components are sonically
indistinguishable from each other, I invested the time saved to enjoy
music.

If you want to hear differences, the ones that exist as differences in
the sound of different piecea of music are far easier and more enjoyable
to spend time listening to.

Why do something that is inherently frustrating such as listening for
the minor to non-existent differences among passive components, when
simply listening to music is so much easier and so much more
pleasurable?