arnyk wrote:
> I'm not sure your previous comments agree with this.
>
> You said:
>
> "Even if you're kidding yourself that it sounds better but you enjoyed
> the process, what does it matter? This is an entertainment system after
> all not a system of record."
>
> If it is indeed an entertainment system, since it is a primarily
> designed to be a system for entertaining yourself by listening to music,
> Therefore, the most entertaining thing to do with an audio system is to
> use it to listen to music.
>
> Yet, instead  you advise frustrating yourself by listening for
> (generally non existent) differences among passive components, and the
> like.
>
> Once I learned from DBTs that so many different components are sonically
> indistinguishable from each other, I invested the time saved to enjoy
> music.
>
> If you want to hear differences, the ones that exist as differences in
> the sound of different piecea of music are far easier and more enjoyable
> to spend time listening to.
>
> Why do something that is inherently frustrating such as listening for
> the minor to non-existent differences among passive components, when
> simply listening to music is so much easier and so much more
> pleasurable?

Why.. ? because I actually think going to a shop and playing about with
different HiFi gear is *fun*. Like all new gadgets. That is what I was
getting at. You've been there done that got the t shirt and decided you
can't be bothered with it any more. Fine, so let others make their own
minds up!

I do also enjoy those days when I just sit and listen to music, and
sometimes having new gear is a good excuse to listen to old favourites
again. This is all part of the fun!

Back to my other question. Should we strive towards a single choice of
sound system or is there room for variance?