drmatt wrote:
> Why.. ? because I actually think going to a shop and playing about with
> different HiFi gear is *fun*.

I have to admit that I outgrew that sort of thing before I became 35. I
obviously thought it was fun before that because I used to visit audio
shops all over the world.

> Like all new gadgets.

Having children and a good career meant that I had more complex and
challenging (IOW more fun)  things to do.

> That is what I was getting at. You've been there done that got the t
> shirt and decided you can't be bothered with it any more. Fine, so let
> others make their own minds up!

You have told the members of this forum to ignore what everybody but you
has to say. I think that may be a sign of megalomania.

For the record, I think that every thing I post should be compared to
the relevant findings of science, and if it does not conform, it should
be pointed out and let's find a better answer. Believe it at your own
risk!

As has been pointed out, some things that some people post here are so
irrelevant to findings of science, and their authors are so certain of
their infallibility that responding to them is a waste of time.